May 29, 2023
May 29, 2023
Join us this Memorial Day as we honor the fallen men and women who served in the United States Military. The program will include live musical entertainment by the Los Angeles County Sheriff Band and Harpist veteran Thomas Baker, a flyover by the Tiger Squadron (weather permitting), Royal High School AFJROTC Color Guard, an Invocation by Naval Base Ventura County Command Chaplain, Commander Song Hwang, and keynote remarks by:
- Major Cole W. Lapierre, U. S. Marine Corps
- Captain Michael Meno, Jr. Commodore, Naval Construction Group ONE
- Gold Star wife Melanie House, who lost her husband in 2005 while he served in Iraq
- Gold Star family, Michelle Carranza who lost her younger brother while serving in Afghanistan in 2012
This event will be held outdoors by the Reagan Library’s Gold Star Family Memorial. All Memorial Day programming is free to attend. Admission rates apply to view the Reagan Museum, Air Force One Pavilion, and our Auschwitz Exhibit (reservations in advance are required to view the Auschwitz Exhibit). Reagan’s Bistro + Bar will be open to purchase food.
Once the main parking lot is full, guests will be directed to park on Presidential Drive. Complimentary shuttles will be running to bring guests to the Reagan Library.
For more information, please call (805) 522-2977.
- From May 26 through May 30, 2023, For The Troops will have donation bins at the Reagan Library. Suggestion donation items include packets of trail mix, pre-packaged sealed food, powdered drink packets, batteries, individual personal care items, books, magazines, CDs and DVDs, and pre-paid phone cards.
Please note that a separate Memorial Day event will be held virtually at 4pm – please click here for more information.