May 30, 2022
May 30, 2022
“As we honor their memory today, let us pledge that their lives, their sacrifices, their valor shall be justified and remembered for as long as God gives life to this nation.” – Ronald Reagan, remarks on Memorial Day, 1982
For the first time, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum will be commemorating Memorial Day with an event to coincide with its new Secrets of WWII exhibition.
Join us as we honor our fallen at 9:00 a.m. with a musical tribute, followed by a program at 10:00 a.m. The program includes a Color Guard, the National Anthem, an Invocation, the playing of Taps, and Keynote remarks by LtCol Steve Chealander (Ret).
The Memorial Day program is free to attend; admission rates apply to view the Reagan Museum, Air Force One Pavilion and the Library’s current temporary exhibit, Secrets of WWII.
Once the main parking lot is full, guests will be directed to park on Presidential Drive or in one of the Library’s offsite lots. Complimentary shuttles will be running to bring guests to the Reagan Library.
For more information call (800) 410-8354.
- To honor our fallen, all Gold Star Family Members will receive free admission into the Reagan Library, Air Force One Pavilion, and our Secrets of WWII exhibition on Monday, May 30th.
- For the two weeks surrounding Memorial Day (from May 24 through June 4), the Reagan Library is discounting admission tickets. Each ticket will be discounted by $5. PURCHASE TICKETS
- For the duration of the Secrets of WWII exhibition, all WWII veterans will receive FREE admission.
- From May 27 through May 31, For The Troops will have donation bins at the Reagan Library. Suggestion donation items include packets of trail mix, pre-packaged sealed food, powdered drink packets, batteries, individual personal care items, books, magazines, CDs and DVDs, and pre-paid phone cards.
Monday, May 30, 2022
9:00 a.m. Live Musical Performance by Veteran Tom Baker
9:30 a.m. Live Musical Performance by the LA County Sheriff’s Department Concert Band
10:00 a.m. Memorial Day Program
- Welcoming Remarks
- Naval Base Ventura County Color Guard
- National Anthem
- Invocation by Lieutenant Commander Yoon Choi, Chaplain, US Navy
- Keynote Remarks by Lieutenant Colonel Steve Chealander (Ret), former Military Aide to President Reagan
10:00am-5:00pm Reagan Museum, Air Force One Pavilion, and Secrets of WWII exhibition open for touring. During Memorial Day, Tankland Military Museum will be in the Secrets of WWII Gallery to share information about WWII and specifically about the M4 Sherman Tank, the Dodge Ambulance, and the Scout Car.