FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 1, 2023
Reagan Institute’s National Security Innovation Base Summit to Bring Together Innovators, Policymakers, and Changemakers
Under Secretary of Defense LaPlante to keynote daylong gathering that will also feature a fireside chat with Sen. Rounds
WASHINGTON, DC – The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute’s Center for Peace Through Strength announced key participants in the first National Security Innovation Base (NSIB) Summit. The summit will be hosted at the Reagan Institute’s Washington, DC headquarters on March 14, 2023, and will include a keynote address by Under Secretary William LaPlante, a fireside chat with Senator Mike Rounds, and panel discussions on topics ranging from customer demand signals and innovation capital to industry success stories and pioneers in innovation.
The Summit will feature a discussion of the inaugural NSIB report card – an innovative policy tool developed by the Reagan Institute to measure the effectiveness, productivity, and resilience of our nation’s innovation ecosystem and provide recommendations for improvement.
Media who wish to attend the NSIB Summit should RSVP here.
Confirmed NSIB Summit Participants:
- The Honorable Doug Bush, U.S. Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology
- The Honorable William LaPlante, U.S. Under Secretary of Defense, Acquisition, and Sustainment
- Michael Madsen, Acting Director, Defense Innovation Unit
- Senator Mike Rounds, Senate Armed Services Committee
- Representative Rob Wittman, House Armed Services Committee
- Shannon Clark, SVP for Federal Research and Development, Palantir
- Joe Laurienti, Founder and CEO, Ursa Major
- Eric Levesque, Co-Founder and CEO, Strider
- Alex Moore, Partner, 8VC
- A.J. Piplica, CEO, Hermeus
- Matthew Steckman, Chief Revenue Officer, Anduril
- Brandon Tseng, Co-Founder, President, and Chief Growth Officer, Shield AI
- Jonathan Burks, Commissioner, Commission on Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution Reform
- Eric Fanning, President and CEO, Aerospace Industries Association, Former U.S. Secretary of the Army
- The Honorable Ellen Lord, Senior Fellow, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory; Former U.S. Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment
- Raj Shah, Managing Partner, Shield Capital; Former Director, Defense Innovation Unit
- The Honorable James M. Talent, Former S. Senator, Missouri
- The Honorable Mac Thornberry, Former Chair, House Armed Services Committee
About the Reagan Foundation and Institute:
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute is the sole nonprofit organization created by President Reagan charged with continuing his legacy and sharing his principles - individual liberty, economic opportunity, global democracy and national pride. The Foundation is a non-partisan organization which sustains the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Simi Valley, CA, the Reagan Center for Public Affairs, the Presidential Learning Center, The Air Force One Pavilion, the award-winning Discovery Center and the Reagan Institute, which carries out the Foundation’s mission in Washington, D.C.
The Reagan Library houses over 55 million pages of Gubernatorial, Presidential and personal papers and over 60,000 gifts and artifacts chronicling the lives of Ronald and Nancy Reagan. It also serves as the final resting place of America’s 40th President and former First Lady Nancy Reagan.Download Press Release