November 16, 2013
November 16, 2013
Saturday, November 16, 2013
- 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Forum Sessions
- 12:00 p.m. Keynote Luncheon with General Martin E. Dempsey, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- 4:30 p.m. Closing Remarks with Secretary Chuck Hagel, U.S. Secretary of Defense
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library 40 Presidential Drive Simi Valley, CA 93065
Senate Armed Services Committee
Howard P. "Buck" McKeon
House Armed Services Committee
REAGAN NATIONAL DEFENSE FORUM MISSION
The Reagan National Defense Forum (RNDF) brings together leaders and key stakeholders in the defense community – including, members of Congress, civilian officials and military leaders from the Defense Department and industry – to address the health of our national defense and stimulate a discussion that promotes policies that strengthen the US military in the future. In an era of fiscal austerity where the threats to our national security are increasing in number and complexity, the RNDF will allow senior leaders from the defense community to come together with viewpoints on how best to deal with it. Though President Reagan left office 25 years ago the United States military continues to benefit from his commitment to and vision for a strong military. Recognizing that today’s decisions will affect the military’s capabilities for years to come, the 2013 RNDF will charge leaders from current and past Administrations and Congresses to look beyond the immediate issues facing the military in 2013 and explore how we can build a strong national defense for 2025.
HONORARY STEERING COMMITTEE
Chairman Howard P. “Buck” McKeon
The Honorable Duncan L. Hunter (retired)
The Honorable James M. Inhofe
The Honorable Ann McLaughlin Korologos (Reagan Foundation Trustee)
The Honorable John McCain
The Honorable Sam Nunn (retired)
The Honorable Leon Panetta (retired)
The Honorable George Shultz (Reagan Foundation Trustee)
The Honorable Ike Skelton (retired)
The Honorable Adam Smith
The Honorable John Warner (retired)
The Honorable Pete Wilson (Reagan Foundation Trustee)
- Welcome Reception
- AM Panels
- Keynote Luncheon with General Martin E. Dempsey, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- PM Panels
- Closing Remarks by Secretary Chuck Hagel, U.S. Secretary of Defense
9:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
- What Should the Asia Rebalance Look Like in 2025?
- Caring for our wounded warriors: Keeping faith after a decade of war.
10:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- The industrial base after a decade of war and in an era of declining budgets: Where do we need to be in 2025?
- National Defense Strategy: Will the strategy be driven by events or shape events in 2025?
1:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Counterterrorism in 2025: What kind of fighting force will be required?
- Managing the Pentagon in war time and during sequestration: Are there lessons learned for reforming DoD?
4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Congress, Industry and the Pentagon: Assessing the relationship.
This event is not a donor benefit for any level of Membership.
For information on corporate sponsorship opportunities and Reagan Foundation membership benefits, please contact:
Bob Cochran: 202.595.6371
HOTEL AND TRANSPORTATION
Click here to download hotel and transportation information.
For more information please call 805-522-2977.