Duties and Responsibilities
As a Membership Ambassador-Processor, you will report to the Manager of Annual Giving and Membership. You will be expected to perform such specific duties and responsibilities as are related to this position and any additional duties hereafter assigned. In particular, your responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside the Visitor Services Associates, assisting guests at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum with general ticket purchase requests at check-in.
- Welcoming existing members as they arrive, assisting with membership renewals, upgrades and exhibit tickets, and providing additional personalized assistance or follow-up as needed.
- Processing new and renewed membership in the database, printing, and mailing membership materials to members when necessary.
- Working closely with Membership Ambassador Sales team members to accurately process payments of membership sales, audio tour sales and exhibit tickets.
- Ensuring proper benefits are provided to Premium Members when they visit the Library.
- Maintaining accurate database information.
- Assisting in identifying potential major donors and referring such prospects to the Development office.
- Meeting or exceeding annual membership and fundraising goals.
- Participating as a member of the Development team in RRPFI fundraising projects and programs.
- Closing out of registers, reconciling receipts and cash, and balancing all transactions entered into databases at end of shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior retail and customer service experience is desired.
- Must be reliable, punctual, accountable and professional.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and follow through on membership opportunities.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Must be courteous, efficient and possess a positive attitude along with excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Must have the ability to interact with a diverse patron population.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Basic math and computer skills in Microsoft Office are required. Knowledge of point of sale programs is desired. SalesForce experience is a plus, but training will be provided.
- Proven ability to think strategically and adapt well to change.
- Available to work weekends, evenings, some holidays and special events.
- Available to work 18-28 hours per week.
- This is a non-exempt regular part-time position with weekends required, along with some evenings.
- This position will be compensated on an hourly basis and employees are eligible for overtime; employees are also entitled to commissions based on membership sales.
- Employees have the opportunity to participate in a retirement program.
- The position will be located at The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute, Simi Valley, California.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Characteristics of the work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed while standing, sitting or walking with occasional bending, reaching, lifting and carrying of printed materials. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.