The Ronald Reagan Institute, the Washington, DC Office of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute (RRPFI), seeks applications from recent PhD recipients for its new Postdoctoral Visiting Fellows Program. The mission of RRPFI is to complete President Reagan’s unfinished work and to preserve the timeless principles he championed: individual liberty, economic opportunity, democracy, and national pride. The purpose of the Visiting Fellows Program is to advance the political, economic, and national security ideas and values of President Ronald Reagan. Visiting Fellows will be selected based on the relevance of their research to these principles. Proposals will also be judged on the likelihood of completion of a book manuscript during the fellowship period.
Eligibility and Requirements
All applicants must submit proof of having successfully defended his/her dissertation by August 15, 2020. The fellowship year will begin in Washington, DC in September 2020 and last until August 2021. Reagan Visiting Fellows are required to be resident at the Institute's new headquarters in downtown Washington, DC. Each fellow will be provided with office space. Visiting Fellows will be expected to play an active role in the Institute’s activities and in disseminating ideas related to fellows’ academic work. The Institute will facilitate research, expand the fellows’ contacts, and grow the fellows’ visibility in the Washington policy community. In turn, the research and writing of each fellow will enrich and inform the policy community.
• Acceptance of the award constitutes a commitment by each fellow to produce a book manuscript at the end of the Fellowship year.
• In addition to a stipend of $75,000, each fellow will receive an additional $5,000 for research related costs.
• Applications should be submitted here or emailed to ReaganFellowship@reaganfoundation.org no later than 11:59 EST on Monday, March 2, 2020.
• Recipients of the Visiting Fellows fellowship will be notified by Friday, April 3,
• Please direct any questions to the email address
*Please submit all documents as PDFs. Do not send in zip files.
- Executive Summary (Maximum of 1 page)
- Name, Address, Contact Information
- University Affiliation and Dissertation Advisor and contact information
- Names and contact information for 2 recommenders
- One paragraph summary description of research question and project’s relevance to Ronald Reagan
- Project Proposal (Maximum of 3 pages)
- Proposal should begin with a clear description of the policy issue being examined and a description of how this issue is linked to the ideas and vision of Ronald
- Proposal should consider contemporary implications of the policy issue being examined.
- Description of research methods and approach – if the Reagan Library is likely to be a source for research, please
- Notional book outline
- Writing Sample (less than 20 pages)
- Transcripts & Letters of Recommendation
- Unofficial school transcripts and two letters of recommendation must be sent directly from your university and your recommenders to ReaganFellowship@ReaganFoundation.org.