APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 15, 2019
We are looking for motivated individuals to work as part of a small team in a dynamic, professional setting while earning college credit as determined by the intern’s university. Your work will focus on facilitation and mentoring our high school level Student Leadership Program (SLP) participants as they learn the various skills needed to create lasting change in their communities. These students come from across the state and country to take part in the week-long leadership camp, and your role as interns is to provide a guiding influence for their projects, as well as a peer who can relate to their questions. Each participant in the internship program embodies a passion for leadership and proficiency in communication skills.
General Requirements and Compensation
- Be 18 years of age or older and provide evidence of full-time enrollment at a two- or four-year college or university with a minimum of one semester completed
- Work approximately 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday) between June 10 and August 9
- Submit and clear a background check as required by the Reagan Foundation
- Maintain a professional appearance and correspondence
- Be self-motivated and capable of independent work
- Demonstrate knowledge Google Applications; Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Lunch and snacks served during SLP Sessions; additional meals may be provided throughout the summer during Foundation events
- Housing stipends based on dual-occupancy are available for non-local interns
In the newly revamped program, interns take on duties that are integral to the success of our Student Leadership Program, a week-long leadership camp for high school students. Prospective applicants can apply for several roles, including positions in student facilitation and leadership development, social media, and office administration.