We are looking for motivated individuals to work as part of a small team in a dynamic, professional setting while earning college credit as determined by the intern’s university. Your work will focus on facilitation and mentoring our high school level Student Leadership Program (SLP) participants as they learn the various skills needed to create lasting change in their communities. These students come from across the state and country to take part in the week-long leadership camp, and your role as interns is to provide a guiding influence for their projects, and be a peer who can relate to their questions. Each participant in the internship program embodies a passion for leadership and proficiency in communication skills.
In the newly revamped virtual program, interns take on duties that are integral to the success of our Student Leadership Program, a week-long leadership camp for high school students.
- Provide mentorship to participants in our Student Leadership Program traditional day camp as well as overnight experience
- Make new friends and expand your network
- Further develop your passion for leadership and communication
General Requirements and Compensation
- Be 18 years of age or older and provide evidence of full-time enrollment at a two- or four-year college or university with a minimum of one semester completed on a campus (i.e., those graduating from high school with college credits this spring are ineligible).
- Work approximately 25 hours per week (Monday-Friday) between June 14* and August 13
- Submit and clear a background check as required by the Reagan Foundation
- Maintain a professional appearance and correspondence
- Be self-motivated and capable of independent work
- Demonstrate experience in Zoom and Google Applications.
*Start date flexible for students who apply from a quarter system-based school.