THE 2023 APPLICATION WILL BE OPEN UNTIL MARCH 24, 2023, 11:59 PM PST
We are looking for motivated individuals to work in a dynamic and professional setting. Your work will consist of facilitating and mentoring our middle and high school-level Student Leadership Program (SLP) participants, as they develop the necessary skills for creating lasting change in their communities. Hailing from many different states, student participants will partake in one of our two SLP options: the onsite day program held at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library or our virtual program. Your role as an intern is to provide guiding influence for their projects while simultaneously serving as a peer advisor, to support them through their learning. Qualified interns are expected to exhibit a passion for leadership, and demonstrate proficient communication skills.
Our interns’ primary responsibility will be to help facilitate the Student Leadership Program. However, they will also assist in Foundation events, initiatives, and projects. Through their work, interns will have the opportunity to meet and connect with various organizational departments, while experiencing the ins and outs of a world-class non-profit. These include, but are not limited to: Education, Events, Marketing, Development, IT, and Administration.
- Using existing curriculum to facilitate leadership lessons for high-school age students
- Leading engaging and interactive activities
- Providing advice, feedback, and guidance to students regarding their community projects
- Assisting with Foundation events, including check-in, setup, greeting, clean up, and other duties
- Assisting with various special projects as assigned.
General Requirements and Compensation
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Show proof of full-time college enrollment at an accredited 2 or 4-year university program
- Have completed 1 college semester (graduating high school seniors with college credit do not qualify)
- Demonstrate experience with Zoom and Google
- Complete the application form
To advance through the application process, applicants must:
- Clear a Ronald Reagan Foundation-run background check
- Agree to work approximately 25 hours per week (Monday-Friday) between June 12 and August 11
- Maintain a professional appearance and correspondence manner
- Be self-motivated and capable of working independently
- Make new friends and expand your professional network
- Further develop your passion for leadership and communication
- Housing provided at a local hotel and interns will be paired for shared occupancy
- Some meals provided
Questions can be sent to email@example.com.