Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership, character, communication skills, academic achievement, and commitment to Ventura County.
- Be high school seniors who will graduate from a high school in Ventura County, California, in winter 2017 or spring 2018. Home-schooled high school seniors in Ventura County, California, are eligible to apply.
- Secure two recommendations by authority figures who have observed them in a leadership role, including a teacher.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Be citizens of the United States of America.
Awards are determined by the Foundation and range from $1,000-$10,000 for qualified undergraduate education expenses. Top award recipients also may choose a teacher to receive a grant of $500.
Qualified candidates may apply online starting December 14, 2017 through February 20, 2017. To be considered for this award, candidates must complete the secure online application and all of its components prior to the deadline. Deadline extensions will not be granted, and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
Semifinalists, their families, and their school administrators will be invited to an awards dinner at the Reagan Library in May 2018. Recipients will be announced at the event.