Rules and Eligibility
- Competitors are allowed to compete in one Geographic Regional Competition and/or the Nationwide Regional Competition.
- Each student at the qualifying competition must be under the immediate supervision of an adult who may be their coach, parent, or other adult approved by the high school administration.
- Each regional host may establish entry fees for their competitions, in accordance with the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute.
- A contestant who does not appear at the scheduled time to speak will forfeit.
- After competing in the final round of debate at the regional level, the two finalists from each region qualify for the National Championship. Each winner will receive a flight and hotel room for themselves and one chaperone.
For a complete set of rules, click below.Download Rules