The Supervisor is expected to provide the highest level of guest service to preserve and perpetuate the image and values of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute as well as the Reagan Library and Museum. As such, the following elements will contribute to the ideal candidate:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to work and support colleagues in a close-knit and group environment.
- Must have the ability and willingness to learn – and stay updated – on the Reagan Library exhibits, Library operations, and Foundation projects and programs.
- Basic math and computer skills are required as well as proficiency in Point-Of-Sale system functions to ensure efficient and accurate cash register operations.
- Must be comfortable with hand-held technology as you will sell and distribute audio tour equipment to Museum visitors of all ages.
- Must be able to work at least one weekend day, as well as some evenings for special events.
- The person hired for this position must be a self-starter, have strong interpersonal skills, excellent communications skills, and the ability to multitask and work in a team environment.
- The ideal candidate is reliable, punctual and well organized.
- The candidate must be courteous and possess a positive attitude and must lead by example in productivity for the group.
- Previous retail experience and/or museum customer service, including supervisory experience, is required.
- The candidate must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and the job may entail sitting or walking with occasional bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, and the lifting and occasional carrying of printed material and/or equipment weighing 5 to 30 pounds.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Work is performed in an adequately ventilated and lighted museum admissions public area and/or in an office/administrative support area. The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
- This is a non-exempt part-time position, approximately 15-29 hours per week, including weekend days and occasional evenings for special events
- Benefits include the opportunity to participate in a retirement program, as well as Paid Time Off (PTO) based on hours accrued per pay period and years of service
- This position will be compensated on a per hour basis based on salary history and experience, and will also be eligible for sales-based commissions and overtime
- The position will be located at The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Library, Simi Valley, California
How to Apply:
To apply via email, send resume and cover letter explaining that you are applying for the Supervisor position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.