Job Description & Requirements
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation is hiring part-time Visitor Services Associates to work in the main lobby of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library to greet visitors, sell tickets, distribute written brochures, sell and promote the audio tour, greet tour buses, and provide information on membership, current exhibits, upcoming events and special programs. Associates will work closely with Membership Ambassadors to support membership sales, and may also book and/or assist with group tours, respond to public telephone inquiries and provide support at the Foundation’s special events.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be reliable, punctual, accountable and professional.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, be courteous, efficient and possess a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work and support colleagues in a close-knit and group environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn – and stay updated – on the Reagan Library exhibits, Library operations, and Foundation projects and programs.
- Prior retail and customer service experience is desired.
- Basic math and computer skills are required, knowledge of point of sales programs is desired.
- Shifts include closeout of registers, reconciliation of receipts and cash, and preparation of daily sales report.
- Associates must be comfortable with hand held technology as he/she will sell and distribute audio tour equipment to Museum visitors of all ages.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting or walking with occasional bending, reaching, and the lifting and occasional carrying of printed materials.
- Work is performed in an adequately ventilated and lighted museum admissions public area and/or in office and administrative support area.
- Part-time position, 15-29 hours per week.
- Weekend days may be required, and some evenings may be scheduled for special events.