Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute (RRPFI) is the sole nonprofit organization created by President Reagan charged with continuing his legacy and sharing his principles - individual liberty, economic opportunity, global democracy and national pride. The Foundation is a non-partisan organization which sustains the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Simi Valley, CA, the Reagan Center for Public Affairs, the Presidential Learning Center, The Air Force One Pavilion, the award-winning Discovery Center and the Reagan Institute, which carries out the Foundation’s mission in Washington, D.C. The Reagan Library houses over 55 million pages of Gubernatorial, Presidential and personal papers and over 60,000 gifts and artifacts chronicling the lives of Ronald and Nancy Reagan. It also serves as the final resting place of America’s 40th President and his First Lady. www.reaganfoundation.org
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute is hiring two part-time Staff Assistants to work in the main lobby of the Reagan Institute in Washington, D.C. In addition to working with visitors and the duties outlined below, these Staff Assistants will be expected to provide support at the Institute’s special events.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving and directing all guests of the Ronald Reagan Institute. This includes providing information about exhibits, Institute programs, greeting meeting participants for Institute staff appointments, etc.
- Answering, screening and transferring all inbound phone calls for the Institute. Providing basic information about events and programs as requested.
- Conducting retail sales from a small retail kiosk selection using handheld point of sale devices.
- Providing general information to the visiting public about President Reagan and programs and events related to the Foundation and Institute.
- Notifying the IT and Data Systems Manager of technology issues related to the digital wall, supporting technology, telephones, and retail sales equipment, etc.
- Assisting with incoming/outgoing mail including UPS and FedEx.
- Tracking daily count of visiting public and reporting to Chief of Staff.
- Undertaking general administrative and clerical support as needed.
- Support of Institute’s special events in and around the District of Columbia.
- Other duties as assigned.