Duties and Responsibilities
As a Membership Ambassador-Sales, you will report to the Membership Services Manager. You will be expected to perform such specific duties and responsibilities as are related to this position and any additional duties hereafter assigned. In particular, your responsibilities will include:
- Greeting visitors to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, describing membership options and benefits, collecting new member data, completing point-of-sale membership transactions and ensuring the accurate collection of appropriate membership dues for each sale.
- Meeting or exceeding annual membership and fundraising goals.
- Welcoming existing members as they arrive and providing personalized assistance as needed.
- Participating as a member of the Development team in RRPFI fundraising projects and programs.
- Assisting in identifying potential major donors and referring such prospects to the Development office.
- Assisting with Foundation events on weekends and evenings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years sales/customer service experience; experience in membership programs and sales is a plus; experience in high-end face-to-face customer service is desired.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and follow through on membership opportunities.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Basic math and computer skills in Microsoft Office are required; knowledge of point of sale programs is desired (instruction in development database programs will be provided).
- Must be reliable, punctual, accountable and professional.
- Must be courteous, efficient and possess a positive attitude.
- Must have the ability to interact with a diverse patron population.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn, including staying informed and current on Reagan Museum exhibits, Library operations, events and Foundation programs.
- Proven ability to think strategically and adapt well to change.
- Must have the ability to work shifts of 4-6 hours while standing or walking around the main lobby area.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Available to work weekends, evenings, some holidays and special events.
- Available to work 18-28 hours per week.
- This is a non-exempt regular part-time position with weekends required, along with some evenings and holidays.
- This position will be compensated on an hourly basis and employees are eligible for overtime.
- Employees in this role are entitled to commissions based on membership sales.
- This position offers Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits based on hours accrued per pay period.
- Employees have the opportunity to participate in a retirement program.
- The position will be located at The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute, Simi Valley, California.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Characteristics of the work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed while standing or walking around the main lobby greeting guests, with occasional bending, reaching, lifting and carrying of printed materials. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
To respond to this opportunity, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.