Duties and Responsibilities
As the Student Leadership/Education Program Coordinator, you will report to the Associate Director of Education. You will be expected to perform the following specific duties and responsibilities as are related to this position and any additional duties hereafter assigned:
Communication - You are charged with telling the story of the Student Leadership Program, ensuring that students envision themselves as citizen-leaders, and connecting them to the broader array of programs offered by RRPFI.
- Coordinate marketing efforts (in conjunction with graphics and marketing teams) to promote awareness of the program, highlight achievements of alumni, and yield a deep pool of qualified applicants.
- Track and manage student applications using SalesForce and facilitating correspondence with applicants throughout the application process. Ensure clear and efficient communication throughout process.
- Report on alumni success and connecting students to other programs and partnerships.
Impact and Engagement - Your efforts will focus on long term relationship building and engagement with students and community partners with an emphasis on understanding the impact of RRPFI Education programs on students’ leadership journey.
- Ensure students have a transformative learning experience;
- Connect students to leaders at school, in the community, and in the Reagan Education network;
- Recruit student alumni to volunteer/support other Education programs and initiatives;
- Oversee and train student volunteers for the Reagan Leadership Summit;
- Track progress and continue to support students, both from SLP and other programs, in their leadership endeavors after the program (including campus visits); and,
- Maintain contact with School Partners to support students beyond the program.
Coordination - As Program Coordinator, you are responsible for overseeing the coordination and logistics of the Student Leadership program - application, facilitation, and evaluation.
- Manage the timeline for applications, notification, and forging of school partnerships;
- Evaluate completed applications using scoring rubric to identify program participants;
- Oversee training of personnel and university interns for the summer program;
- Manage curriculum development and program design; and,
- Coordinate off-site outreach efforts with school partners and students to ensure communication and engagement.
Additional Responsibilities – In addition to the duties outlined above, you will be expected to participate in other events hosted by the Foundation and Institute.
- Mentoring Simi Valley Youth Council in preparation for annual Youth Town Hall;
- Working in partnership with Royal High School in facilitating the Royal Citizen Scholar Institute; and,
- RRPFI employees are often asked to work during special events (annual Reagan National Defense Forum, Center for Public Affairs speaker series, Sunset Dinners, Fourth of July, etc.) to support other departments and the organization as a whole.