Duties and Responsibilities
The Reagan Institute seeks a seasonal (6 months) Assistant (approximately 20-24 hours per week) to perform a wide range of functions in support of the Reagan National Defense Forum (RNDF), an event housed within the Ronald Reagan Institute in Washington, D.C., but physically held in Southern California each year. This Assistant will support the day to day needs of the Director of Programs and Operations and will be responsible for assisting with database organization, logistical and operational support of Forum planning, correspondence, and general administrative functions. This position will report to the Director of Programs and Operations.
The candidate will be expected to perform such specific duties and responsibilities as are related to this position below and any additional duties hereafter assigned:
- Administrative functions such as database management, preparation and copy-editing of invitation letters and other communications, development of all collateral materials, and more.
- Maintain the RNDF database with accuracy as updates to program events and guest attendance transpire.
- Scheduling of meetings and appointments, including travel arrangements.
- Special correspondence and follow-up communication as directed.
- Special projects, i.e. contributing to research efforts, staffing and supporting other Reagan Institute events, and other duties as assigned.
- Coordinating with other Foundation and Institute departments and counterparts as appropriate.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- Must be able to travel to and work in California during the week of Dec. 2-8, 2019
- Must be willing and able to handle multiple projects/tasks/correspondence both remotely and in-person as needed in the weeks leading up to RNDF.
- Bachelor’s degree in progress or completed preferred.
- Experience working in an office environment.
- Experience with database management and Microsoft Suite.
- Proficiency in clerical functions, including mail-merge functions, voice mail, email, internet, filing, and mailing.
- Detail oriented, good problem-solving skills, with ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience and ability to work independently and collegially in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Uncompromising personal integrity.