The person hired for this exempt full-time position must be a take-charge professional with the organizational, management, facilitation, decision-making, and event execution skills necessary to supervise staff, lead education and public programs, and deliver national programming as part of the work of the RRPFI Education work. The person will research, coordinate, and execute education programs with civics education themes in an effective, efficient, and creative manner. In addition, as part of the Reagan Foundation, there will be special projects and initiatives geared toward high school and college students to promote President Reagan’s legacy of leadership.
Position and Responsibilities
The Education Programs and Events Manager will be part of the Education Management team and report to the Director of Learning and Engagement. Specific responsibilities include:
- Design and lead annual Student Leadership Summit, including program design, engaging alumni speakers, panel and breakout programs, and marketing to audience.
- Manage implementation of the annual Reagan Leadership Medal program, a national recognition program for outstanding high school seniors.
- Design and deliver teacher curriculum and training programs of various lengths, that leverage primary source materials and promote engaged and informed citizens and leaders.
- Manage online resources, eLearning content creation, and digital platforms.
- Oversee and manage the onboarding, scheduling and priorities of support staff including but not limited to: Education Admin Coordinator, Alumni Coordinator, interns, and volunteers;
- Strategically prepare annual conference calendar, and submit conference proposals and oversee conference presentation and exhibition calendar and present, exhibit, and attend state and national conferences, on-site, out-of-town, out-of-state and on-line as needed;
- Develop metrics of success and data analysis for program impact, and produce annual report of programs;
- Coordinate and integrate with other Foundation and Library teams and external consultants on Education projects and programs;
- Lead coordination and execution of Education events and programs, including Youth Town Hall, Speaker Forums, scholarship events, and more, while observing rigorous safety and quality standards;
- Coordinate with internal resources and external vendors during event planning process;
- Work with Operations Manager to create and execute event Play-By-Plays;
- Place room bookings on calendar;
- Coordinate across departments to make sure staffing needs are met;
- Manage event set up, tear down and after action debriefs;
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to participate and assist with other Foundation events outside the direct scope of the Education team, and additional duties as assigned.