The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute is seeking a Coordinator to support the Event Group operations. The Event Group is responsible for facilitating all aspects of events that occur on the property including private rentals, Center for Public Affairs (lectures, book signings, dinners), community outreach events (exhibit openings and receptions), annual celebrations (President’s Day, 4th of July, and Veteran’s Day), and our Foundation-sponsored social events (Valentine’s Dinner and Dance, Mother’s Day Brunch, Father’s Day Lunch, Summer Sunset Dinner series, holiday events, and exhibit lunches). Many of these events occur on evenings and weekends, including some holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the supervision of the Chief Marketing Officer and Director of Event Services and Operations, this person will be responsible for the following duties and any others assigned thereafter:
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for our White House Luncheons and Barbeque Buffet programs to exceed our revenue goal. This marketing effort will be put in place to sell this program to corporations, non-profit organizations, and tour groups. This role will be accountable for the revenue for this program.
- Plan, execute, and be the lead on all White House Luncheons and Barbeque Buffets.
- Office administrative support for a department of three staff members: answering phones, filing, screening facility rental calls, checking and communicating phone messages, and returning calls as directed.
- Using Salesforce database for consistent and timely entry of data primarily focused on new inquires relating to private rentals.
- Facilitating post-event follow-up including invoices, thank you letters, evaluation forms, and related database updates.
- Updating as needed the outgoing phone message for the Event Group voicemail.
- Coordinating marketing for the Event Group; creating copy and facilitating proofing for email blasts, banners, flyers, and ads for all the Foundation-sponsored events and private rental marketing efforts.
- Photograph events with cell phone/camera in order to upload for marketing purposes.
- Participating and assisting in preparing and executing specific tasks and duties for all events as assigned, including but not limited to the Reagan National Defense Forum, held annually.
- Periodically, will be assigned to secure a facility rental and be the lead on the event. This includes securing, planning and executing the event.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational capabilities and the ability to multitask in order to provide strong support to the Event Team.
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all staff.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and a reliable self-starter.
- Proven sales closer and negotiator.
- Demonstrated good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs; strong user of computers as a work tool; facility with web tools and databases are preferred; experience with Salesforce would be a big plus.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays for events (2-4 times per month).
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated work and time management skills, including flexibility, punctuality, reliability, and adaptability.
- Experience analyzing and solving problems as well as assessing priorities.
- Initiative, integrity, flexibility, and stress tolerance are essential.
- Must possess a positive attitude.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required; college degree preferred.