The 2016 program will open for applications on January 4, 2016.
Honoring both our nation’s 40th President and his lasting legacy of leadership, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation Scholars Program awards Ventura County, Calif., high school seniors who exemplify outstanding leadership skills and personal character with a total of $50,000 in scholarships annually.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership, character, communication skills, academic achievement, and commitment to Ventura County.
- Be high school seniors who will graduate from a high school in Ventura County, California, in winter 2015 or spring 2016. Homeschooled high school seniors in Ventura County, California, are eligible to apply.
- Secure two recommendations by authority figures who have observed them in a leadership role, including a teacher.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Be citizens of the United States of America.
- Awards will generally range from $1,000-$8,000 and will be determined by the Foundation.
- Awards are not renewable and are for one time only.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only and may be used for education related expenses: tuition, fees, books, supplies room and board.
- Top award recipients also may choose a teacher who will receive a grant of $500.
Applicants who have questions about the application process may contact the program’s administrator, Scholarship Management Services, at 1-507-931-1682 and ask for the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation Scholars Program or email email@example.com . Applicants should anticipate a response to inquiries within one business day. Personnel at The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation cannot address applicant questions.
Meet the 2014 Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation Scholars
Meet the Past Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation Scholars
Learn about the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program