The Ronald Reagan Public Policy Fellowship, underwritten by The Draine Family Charitable Foundation, Inc., supports graduate students at the University of California, Los Angeles’ Luskin School of Public Affairs in studying Ronald Reagan and the effects of his economic, social, and international policies on the State of California, the Federal Government, and the world. The Fellowship allows its recipients, as interns, to gain access to the archives at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, and with agreement by the Foundation’s Executive Director, to publish their findings as a resource to scholars, teachers, and students on the Foundation website.
The 2014 program is closed for applications. Information about the 2015 program will be available in spring 2015.
Award: Up to $30,000 grant per year, two-year maximum.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be citizens of the United States of America.
- Be accepted to and plan to enroll full time in the University of California, Los Angeles’ Luskin School of Public Affairs in Fall 2014 as a first-year graduate student.
- Demonstrate interest in public policy, with a keen interest in the policies and impact of the Reagan Administration.
- Demonstrate at school, the workplace, and/or within the community the attributes of leadership, integrity, drive, and citizenship.
- Demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.5 GPA/4.0 scale or equivalent).
- Demonstrate financial need.
Qualified candidates may access a downloadable application
. In addition to the completed application form, candidates must submit:
- Two required essays
- Nomination letter from an authority figure with knowledge of his/her leadership and/or interest in public policy
- Most recent college transcript
- Provisional Award Letter from the UCLA Financial Aid Office
- Candidates must mail all application materials in a single package to:
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation
Ronald Reagan Public Policy Fellowship, Att. Anthony Pennay
40 Presidential Drive
Simi Valley, California 93065
Candidates for the 2014 Ronald Reagan Public Policy Fellowship must submit their full application materials by postmark deadline May 16, 2014.
Selection and Notification:
A selection committee will identify a minimum of three finalists to be interviewed. One Fellow will be selected. Nonrecipients will be notified via email by Aug. 1.
To continue to be funded, Fellows must:
- Continue to be enrolled in the University of California, Los Angeles’ Luskin School of Public Affairs in good academic standing, as certified by the University.
- Complete a minimum of 100 internship hours at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in conjunction with the Walter and Leonore Annenberg Presidential Learning Center’s internship program over two years. It is the Fellow’s responsibility to coordinate credit for the internship with UCLA.
- Complete an end-of-internship project, to be determined by the student and representatives of the Foundation.
- Failure to meet these requirements may result in award forfeiture.
Erin Korsvall, Program Officer, The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org