8:45a.m. - 3:00p.m.
The Walter and Leonore Annenberg Presidential Learning Center at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation is proud to partner with the Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation in presenting an exciting day of FREE professional development for teachers grades 6 - 12. The workshop will be held at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and will feature classroom-ready curriculum developed by the Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation.
Attendees will have an opportunity to meet a Medal of Honor recipient, and hear their amazing story in person. The training portion of the day will explore the Medal of Honor Character Development Program: Lessons of Personal Bravery and Self Sacrifice.
Highlights of the day’s events include:
- Lunch with a Medal of Honor recipient
- Teachers will receive the beautiful Medal of Honor Character Development Resource Kit
- Teachers will receive the Walter and Leonore Annenberg Presidential Learning Center’s single lesson plans.
The Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation seeks to perpetuate the Medal of Honor’s legacy through outreach and collaborative efforts. As part of their mission, they have created the “Medal of Honor Character Development Program” to incorporate the ideals of courage and selfless service into middle and high school curriculum to build character and promote responsible citizenship. To learn more about the Congressional Medal of Honor’s “Medal of Honor Character Development Program please visit: http://www.cmohfoundation.org/educational-outreach/
- Lunch will be provided. Please indicate if you prefer a vegetarian meal when registering.
- Participants should bring a wireless-capable laptop to the workshop.
- All teachers who successfully implement this curriculum into their classroom will be eligible to bring their students to a future Walter and Leonore Annenberg Presidential Learning Center Speaker Series for Students Event featuring a panel of Congressional Medal of Honor recipients.
Participation is open to teachers and administrators at the middle and high school level who serve in comprehensive public, private or charter schools. This is highly recommended for schools that emphasize character education, civic engagement and advisory programs. Teachers of social studies, civics, language arts, leadership classes, and/or student government will find the day very valuable.
Please click HERE to register.