9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
On Wednesday August 7th, 2013 The Walter and Leonore Annenberg Presidential Learning Center at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation will host a summer professional development session with our partners at the Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation from 9:00a.m. – 3:00p.m. The one day training will feature the Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation’s Character Development Program entitled “Medal of Honor: Lessons of Personal Bravery and Self-Sacrifice”. The event is free of charge to classroom teachers, administrators, and home school educators and will be located here at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.
Participants in the training will receive:
- Opportunity to meet Medal of Honor Recipient, Colonel Bruce Crandall
- Complimentary “Medal of Honor: Lessons of Personal Bravery and Self-Sacrifice” curriculum
- DVD that includes Medal of Honor Recipients Living Histories
- Free admission to the limited engagement “A. Lincoln: Railsplitter to Rushmore” Exhibit, Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, and the Air Force One Pavilion.
- Complimentary continental breakfast and box lunch.
- Special lunch time talk with Medal of Honor Recipient, Bruce Crandall
- To learn more about Medal of Honor Recipient Bruce Crandall, Click here.
Following the lecture, Colonel Crandall will be signing copies of Medal of Honor: Portraits of Valor Beyond the Call of Duty for one hour only.
If you wish to purchase Medal of Honor: Portraits of Valor Beyond the Call of Duty and shipped to you, click here.
** Registration for the Medal of Honor Lessons of Personal Bravery and Self-Sacrifice - Teacher Training has reached capacity. If you are interested in attending the event and would like to be placed on a wait list, please email Education Administrative Coordinator, Beth Hickman at email@example.com. Please include your name, school, title and grade taught in the waiting list request. Space is still open for the Medal of Honor: Lessons of Personal Bravery and Self-Sacrifice - Lecture & Book Signing with Medal of Honor Recipient Bruce Crandall from 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday August 7th.
For questions about the teacher training please contact our Education Administrative Coordinator, Beth Hickman at firstname.lastname@example.org