4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
On Tuesday June 18, 2013 The Walter and Leonore Annenberg Presidential Learning Center at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation will host an Educator Appreciation Night from 4:30 – 7:30PM. The event is free of charge to classroom teachers, administrators, and home school educators. It will also give teachers an opportunity to see our new exhibit, “A.Lincoln: From Railsplitter to Rushmore” Dr. Andrew Wulf, Curator of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, will give a keynote address regarding the history of President Lincoln and some treasures of this new exhibit. We also welcome educators the opportunity to view the exhibit itself. Highlights include President Lincoln’s earliest childhood writings, a signed copy of the Emancipation Proclamation, the autopsy report from President Lincoln’s doctor on the night of his assassination, President Lincoln’s famous stovepipe hat, a set from the Lincoln movie, and much, much more.
Highlights of the evening include:
- Light hors d’oeuvres and beverage reception
- Free admission to the museum and access to the temporary exhibit “A.Lincoln: From Railsplitter to Rushmore”
- Free curriculum materials and classroom resources
- An opportunity to learn about museum programs and field trip opportunities
- An opportunity to learn about additional museum programs, including class field trips to the award-winning Air Force One Discovery Center
Please CLICK HERE to register.
For questions please contact Beth Hickman at firstname.lastname@example.org