Baseball! Celebrating Our Great American Pastime
Now open until September 14, 2014.
"I really do love baseball and I wish we could do this out on the lawn every day. I wouldn’t even complain if a stray ball came through the Oval Office window now and then.” - President Reagan, May 11, 1983
Just in time for the opening week of Major League Baseball, “Baseball! The Exhibition” opened on April 4, 2014 at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum. Running through September 4, 2014, “Baseball” is a 12,000 square foot exhibition featuring over 700 artifacts, including some of the rarest, historic and iconic baseball memorabilia from the largest known private collector in the United States. The exhibit displays extraordinary artifacts from Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Lou Gehrig, Jackie Robinson, the Los Angeles Dodgers, and scores of other historically important players and organizations. This exhibition will be fun for the entire family.
Featured items include:
- A Honus Wagner trading card - the rarest of all baseball cards
- Jerseys/uniforms from Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra,
Jackie Robinson, Willie Mays, Ted Williams, Hank Aaron, Don Sutton,
Orel Hershiser, Barry Bonds, David Ortiz, Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale
and Fernando Valenzuela
- Babe Ruth’s fur coat and his traveling trunk, including his 1939 uniform
while coaching the Brooklyn Dodgers
- Baseball bat signed by Babe Ruth
- Baseball signed by Hank Aaron
- Baseball hit by Barry Bonds (the HR that tied Hank Aaron’s record)
- Baseballs from Joe DiMaggio (the record-breaking ball & the one that ended
- Pete Rose-signed baseball (the ball that broke Ty Cobb’s all-time hitting record)
- A special section featuring the history of the Brooklyn Dodgers and their
legacy in Los Angeles
- Some of the first historic bats, balls, gloves, uniforms, stadium items,
folk art as well as an unmatched collection of baseball cards and
photographs of all the astonishing athletes who played the game
- And so much more
Pre-purchase your tickets at www.reaganlibrary.com/tickets!