On Saturday, November 16, 2013, the Reagan Foundation held the first annual Reagan National Defense Forum. The all-day conference brought together leaders and key stakeholders in the defense community – including members of Congress, civilian officials and military leaders from the Defense Department and industry – to address the health of our national defense and to stimulate a discussion that promotes policies that strengthen the United States military into the future. Panelists and keynote speakers included:
- General Martin Dempsey, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- The Honorable Chuck Hagel, United States Secretary of Defense
- The Honorable Leon Panetta, Former United States Secretary of Defense
- General James Amos, Commandant, U.S. Marine Corps
- The Honorable John McHugh, Secretary of the Army, U.S. Army
- Admiral Jonathan Greenert, Chief of Naval Operations
- The Honorable Carl Levin, United States Senator
- Congressman Howard “Buck” McKeon, United States House of Representatives
At the conclusion of the event, U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel was joined by former U.S. Secretaries of Defense Leon Panetta and Robert Gates to official open the Reagan Library’s Marine One display within the Library’s Air Force One Pavilion.
Video links to all of the panels will be uploaded here shortly.