The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation has developed a new summer program aimed at increasing the civic engagement of student leaders— the Ronald Reagan Student Leadership Program. This five day program will develop leadership skills with a goal of accomplishing the following task: identify a problem in the community and create an extensive Leadership Action Plan which details a pathway for addressing that problem. To help them create their Leadership Action Plan, students will explore concepts of:
- Effective Communication (The Great Communicator)
- Optimism (It CAN Be Done)
- Informed Decision Making (Governor and President)
This free program is available for high school students. An application is required as well as a letter of recommendation from a teacher/counselor/principal. If you are a teacher or counselor in charge of a leadership program at your school and would like to nominate a group of students, please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will get back to you.
2015 Session Dates:
EARLY APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 15, 2015
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 12, 2015
- Session 1: June 22 – June 26, 2015
- Session 2: July 13 – July 17, 2015
- Session 3: July 20 – July 24, 2015
- Session 4: July 27 – July 31, 2015
- Session 5: August 3 – August 7, 2015
- Session 6: August 10 – August 14, 2015
If you would like more information, please click here
to access our Frequently Asked Questions page. Please note the week long camp is held onsite at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, 40 Presidential Drive, Simi Valley, CA 93065.